Plan Submission

Construction Plans

Any structure or storage building larger than 8 feet by 10 feet that you are about to construct, whether it is private or commercial, requires a construction plan.

If you are working with a contractor, and he or she is not applying for permits for you, you must either have your contractor provide you with a plan (blueprints are ideal, but a detailed sketch to scale is acceptable), or draw a plan, or have one drawn.

The plans should include a "cross section of the building" from the footer to the roof and indicating what materials will be used for and where. If an engineered truss system is to be used, you will need a signed, stamped truss drawing obtained from the store supplying the truss system.

Site Plans

A site plan can be hand drawn to scale on graph paper. You will need to identify the overall dimensions of your lot, including setback dimensions of buildings. This can be obtained by calling the Building / Zoning Office at 419-468-2642. Be sure to verify the zoning code at this time.

Another way to get the required dimensions is to refer to your property tax statement, or a drawing may have been provided to you with your closing papers at the time your purchased your property. You may also use the Crawford County Auditor's website to find relevant information about your property, including a parcel map.

Indication of Direction & Location

Indicate directions (lay of the land) of all present buildings, frontages, sidewalks, fences, driveways, and city controlled easements that you know of. Then indicate the location of your proposed changes.
  • Adding a building
  • Curb cutting
  • Driveway
  • Fence
  • Location of utilities or meters
  • Outbuilding (garage, storage building)
  • Pool
  • Zoning variance request
Indicate exact distances from lot lines to your proposed changes.