Winter Driving Tips
- Remember: It is harder to stop when driving on wet and snow covered roads. Reduce your speed during snowy and icy conditions.
- When snow-plowing vehicles are salting or plowing the streets, please do not follow the vehicle closely. Stay back at least 3 or 4 car lengths. If you can't see our mirrors, then we can't see you.
- If you are following a plow too closely, then your windshield could be shattered by loose material, such as a stray chunk of salt or ice.
- If you remove snow from your driveway or sidewalk, please do not put the snow back into the plowed street as this becomes a serious traffic hazard.
- Leave early for your destination during snowy and icy conditions.
- Listen to local radio stations for road condition updates.