Fence Permit

A Fence Permit is required any time you plan to construct, alter, replace or reconstruct a fence on your property. Some types of maintenance-free fencing may be erected up to the property line (never on it) while others must be set back 3 feet from the property line. If you need help determining your property line, use the Crawford County Auditor's website or call their office at 419-562-7941.

Chain link fences in areas zoned residential must not be higher than 5 feet tall. Privacy fences must not be higher than 8 feet.

Click here for an application.

Please call Building and Zoning Office at 419-468-2642 to schedule an appointment in order to review your site plan with the City Building Inspector. After review and approval of paperwork, a fence permit will be issued.


No inspection needed.

Required for Permit

  • Site Plan
  • Material List

Other Permits You May Need