A Zoning Permit is actually a certification of property use. Click here for an application
According to Zoning Ordinance 91-5897, Article C, Section 4, a Zoning Permit shall be required for any of the following:
- Construction or structural alteration of any building, including accessory buildings
- Change in use of an existing building or accessory building to a use of a different classification
- Occupancy and use of vacant land
- Change in the use of land to a use of a different classification
- Any change in a nonconforming use
The Building / Zoning Office
requires 10 days for review before issuing a zoning certificate if approved.
Commercial Building Requirements
On commercial buildings, a zoning compliance certificate is required if there is a change in building use or tenants or name change on utilities. An inspection is also required for commercial buildings.
Things You May Need