This policy establishes guidelines for the establishment and use by the City of Galion of social media sites (including but not limited to Facebook and Twitter) as a means of conveying information to its residents, corporate citizens, guests and fans. The City’s social media accounts serve as limited public forums and the City reserves the right to restrict or remove any content that is deemed in violation of this Social Media Policy or any applicable law.
User-generated comments may be rejected or removed when the content includes any of the following:
• Incitement of violence or violent behavior,
• Defamation or spread of misinformation,
• Copyrighted or commercial material,
• Obscene, profane, harassing, discriminatory, or illegal material,
• Compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems,
• Solicitation of commerce, including but not limited to advertising of any business or product for sale,
• Conduct in violation of any federal, state or local law.